E-learning Modules > Module 1
Nice to have you here.
Digital devices are a constant part in everyday life. Children are fascinated by them from an early age on. They see smartphones, tablets and other media in the family as well as in public. When they enter kindergarten, many children already have experience with digital media.
Therefore it is important for educators to support children in the creative use of digital media, to accompany them in an adequate way from a very early age on and to help them in finding their way in a complex media world.
This module is about digital media and how it can be used actively in kindergarten. You will learn about media education basics, learning goals and practical media work with children.
To get started, explore your media profile with a little game. For this media quiz we use ACTIONBOUND, an interactive plattform, with an app suitable for IOS as well as android. You can download the Actionbound-App for FREE on both stores.
Here are some GENERAL CONSIDERATIONS for long-term media education and an OVERVIEW of parameters that should be included in planning basic education in early childhood.
Basic groundwork is important through childhood, from infancy to school career and young adulthood, i.e., from certain needs at any particular age to a long-term perspective of understanding and using media (digital and analog). For example:
Short-term educational goals:
- knowing of and what media is
- understanding that media are made by people
- highlighting development processes of children and promote basic education through various creative activities with media support
- basic understanding and guidance into the differentiated use of digital devices and goal-oriented applications.
Long-term educational goals:
- technical and structural understanding of different media forms and media devices as well as social media technology
- conscious engagement and participation with and through media
- conscious choice of modes for operation and problem solving, i.e., choice of device and software with a basic
- understanding of network structure and cybersecurity, as well as personal rights within digital choices.